The mkiv Supra Owners Club

n/a lambda in tt

mellonman

i have been trying find a decent lambda sensor to fit in my single turbo down pipe and need a non flage type and the n/a has this type denso 234 4626 pre cat sensor but would it work with the tt ?

it still is a 4 wire sensor so was thinking it would be better then the £30 ebay jobbies

but would like to know if anyone knows if they fit or what one i can get to fit

im not worried about the conector i have the original that i can use if it dont fit, i wanted to make sure it was a 0 -1 v narrow still and would at least last more then a couple of months,im starting to luck out on this :( i thought it would be easy but there are so many types and all i want is a universal fitment that will last

• 4 weeks later...

okay thought i better update this one as i went ahead and brought the 234 4626 denso direct fit sensor and well it has the correct plug and fits well, i can tell the tt owners that this n/a sensor works in the tt IMG00444-20120224-1658.jpg

the only thing with is the voltage must be a little different as the afr now between 14.3 - 15.0 where as the tt sensor was more close being 14.6 - 14.9.

so at least it will stop any leaning out and will save petrol from not having the sensor there.

anyway thought i would say these are £60 from the u.s.

Edited by mellonman (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...
okay thought i better update this one as i went ahead and brought the 234 4626 denso direct fit sensor and well it has the correct plug and fits well, i can tell the tt owners that this n/a sensor works in the tt [ATTACH=CONFIG]146901[/ATTACH]

the only thing with is the voltage must be a little different as the afr now between 14.3 - 15.0 where as the tt sensor was more close being 14.6 - 14.9.

so at least it will stop any leaning out and will save petrol from not having the sensor there.

anyway thought i would say these are £60 from the u.s.

The reason you're seeing a more widely varying AFR, is down to the sensor not being heated, so its not kept at optimum temperature, both sensors are the same apart from the TT type being heated.

The ECU is just having to work harder to try and keep the AFRs around stoic, and i suspect false economy in the long run.

yep the sensor is still working fine, its still around 14.5 - 15.1, some times once warm and restarting the car it goes lean 16.0 at idle for about 15 seconds so would be in line with what ricky is saying, im not sure why as it should be a heated one though.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...