The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Central locking not working!!

Velociraptor

Hey guys, sorry if this has been asked before but couldn't find an answer anywhere.

Basically my cars central locking won't work, my fob works fine with the red light coming on (I have check with both fobs) so I'm having to unlock the doors manually with the key at the moment. The red security light located at the top right of the dash always stays on?? Also the engine will start and run fine.

Has this happened to anyone else before? Hoping someone can help me out here....?

Velociraptor :)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's only just started happening with the wet and cold I would think it's the good old door control module. If your pre facelift these often fail in the cold. Facelift or thereabouts models have a different colour unit which due to age if anything seems to work better.

Happened on and off on my car for a few years in cold weather. I tested my alarm and door switches till I was blue in the face. Got a replacement unit from Keron and problem sorted.

I think over time they suffer from dry solder.

Door control module is in the left of the dash of the lower glove box. Quite easy to do. Took me about 15 mins to change.

mine did this last year, i looked on here and a couple of peole said about the mechanism in the door, the box behind the dash, or just because it has got cold/damp

i just drove the car for a while with the heater pumping out full blast to dry it out and never had the problem since, might be worth a shot.

Think you will see a lot more of these posts soon! I could not get enough of these last year....changed one today too! I have some in if needed...Cdl ecu located in the pass side of the dash board, towards the door next to the lower glove box, has one plug going to it, box is about the size of a 20 fag box...red or blue in colour....

I have the same issue when it rains..

After a run it starts working again..

The range is pretty poor though, only works with the key next to the drivers window.

As above change the control module. I also have a friends car that started playing up and this solved his problem too.

Mine use to do the same as many people's, that is it would work again after drying/warming up. Having change the unit it's no longer an issue at all.

Think you will see a lot more of these posts soon! I could not get enough of these last year....changed one today too! I have some in if needed...Cdl ecu located in the pass side of the dash board, towards the door next to the lower glove box, has one plug going to it, box is about the size of a 20 fag box...red or blue in colour....

How much do you sell these for out of interest Keron?

As above change the control module. I also have a friends car that started playing up and this solved his problem too.

Mine use to do the same as many people's, that is it would work again after drying/warming up. Having change the unit it's no longer an issue at all.

Thks mate..

Any idea on the p/number or cost?

Just an update for everyone my Central locking/Fob and security light problem following the advice this I found on here...

SUBJECT: TOYOTA 5000 THEFT DETERRENT SYSTEM

STARTING VEHICLES WITH A FLAT BATTERY

Guidance

If you wish to jump start a vehicle ( or reconnect a fully charged battery ) to a vehicle

which is fitted with a Toyota 5000 Theft deterrent system, the following procedure

should be followed. This should prevent the remote control handsets locking out .

Before disconnecting the battery

1) Turn off the siren with the master key. The siren has its own Ni-Cad

Battery which will cause it to sound when the vehicle battery is disconnected

Unless it is switched off.

2) Remove the DOME Fuse. This is located under the bonnet in the main

junction box.

3) Disconnect and Remove the battery.

When Re-connecting the battery .

1) Ensure the siren is turned off with the master key .

2) Ensure DOME Fuse is removed .

3) Refit the battery and reconnect the terminals correctly.

4) Turn on the ignition .

5) Insert the DOME Fuse.

6) Turn off the ignition

The Hazard lights should now be flashing

7) Cancel the alarm using the remote control handset . The indicator lights should

stop flashing . It may be necessary to hold the Black left hand button down for

up to 15 seconds (15 seconds means 15 seconds or longer ) – until the car

Locks or Unlocks itself

8) You should now be able to start the engine.

N.B. Remember to turn on the siren with the master key.

(Note : if the system should not respond to the remote controls check for

re-synchronisation .

If this is not successful, the following procedure must be followed:

With the positive terminal of the battery connected and the negative terminal

disconnected .

1) Turn Ignition on

2) Reconnect the negative terminal of the battery

3) Turn the ignition off

4) Press the left hand black button of the remote controll for 15 seconds

To re synchronise. The other remote if availible may also require

re synchronisation.

Happy days :)

Although my traction control button and spoiler down button don't want to work very often?? Also the Auto box Letters at the bottom of the lever don't like to light up very often either?? Dodgy connection I'm guessing??

Anyone else had these problems?

I hope you have resolve your issues. But for reference, if nothing else, here are some photographs from when I did mine in the snow a few years back.

To allow ease of access I removed the top and bottom glove boxes.

IMG_0116.jpg

This is the inner left nearside dash. You can see the connector for the control module loose.

IMG_0118.jpg

This is the box itself.

IMG_0119.jpg

mine did this last year, i looked on here and a couple of peole said about the mechanism in the door, the box behind the dash, or just because it has got cold/damp

i just drove the car for a while with the heater pumping out full blast to dry it out and never had the problem since, might be worth a shot.

I would just like to add since the day I posted the above mine stopped working, so to 'Velociraptor!' I now hate you. :p