The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Inferno's Supra: Restored & Built From The Ground Up

Inferno

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I have jumped in and out of this thread and have enjoyed it more than I can say.

The level of detail and workmanship speaks for itself.

I am truly in awe and incredible jealous of your car. I think this is the best Supra I have ever seen or heard of especially with regards to quality.

Yes there are faster and more powerful but not as well specified or new. Toyota should give this a new VIN its so shiny :)

All I have left to say is WOW!!

Thank you kind Sir, it makes my day hearing positive things from individuals such as yourself! No need to be jealous though, your Supra is a real beauty - enjoy it! ;)

Not a brand new chassis from what I've read though? Could you get one even?!

Unfortunately no, and believe me I enquired ;) chassis was basically taken back to raw materials and started fresh from there - the closest I could do to a new one!

It's astonishing the detail and workmanship gone into this. As regards money spent I believe people spend what a project is worth to them at the time. This chap obviously spent good money but more power to him that he has pursued the dream of building argruably the world's best Supra.

Anybody rich can buy something readymade, the achievement is following through on a target regardless of levels of cost and perseverance.

I tip my hat to you Inferno for fulfilling your dream.

Anybody rich can buy something readymade, the achievement is following through on a target regardless of levels of cost and perseverance.

Totally agree :hi:I have not got the money nor the skills but for someone to put this much effort into one of these cars makes me proud. Restorations of this magnitude are far and few between and you all deserve praise for what you have done:)

Back from the bodyshop, all of the parts which were redone or "beautified", were returned to the engine bay, so it was looking much nicer:

Also, here is a video of the number plate flipper in action and a (half) walk around (note, LED lights were being fine tuned at this point):

It's astonishing the detail and workmanship gone into this. As regards money spent I believe people spend what a project is worth to them at the time. This chap obviously spent good money but more power to him that he has pursued the dream of building argruably the world's best Supra.

It certainly is my dream car, and as you say, it is all about the journey and the process, not just $$. I enjoyed every second of the planning, research and actual building of the car and would not hesitate to do it again given the chance.

It honestly was a life changing experience and it has made a huge impact on my appreciation of cars, customisation, restorations, bodywork, tuning, engine builds, car audio, fabrication etc etc etc. I feel my knowledge in all of these areas has vastly improved and I have my dream car to boot!

Thanks for your comments, your Supra is a real beauty itself... as I'm sure you have noticed I'm a big fan of gold on cars!

Totally agree :hi:I have not got the money nor the skills but for someone to put this much effort into one of these cars makes me proud. Restorations of this magnitude are far and few between and you all deserve praise for what you have done:)

Don't sell yourself short, I'm sure you do have the skills! It honours me to hear that my build has made you proud of being a Supra owner - keep loving your car!

wowsers thats a stunning car and shows what can be done when moneys not an issue!! the best i have ever seen. :salute:

Cheers mate, really appreciate that.

I also think that most people would say that they would buy a Gallardo and pocket the change, but then they would just be walking into a showroom with a cheque book, how dull is that.

Personally, I'd be scared of driving it, I certainly wouldnt let the missus "ave a go".

When I said I would rather buy a Gallardo I meant that I would still build my dream Supra but instead of spending money on things not really needed I could buy a Lambo run-a-round with the cash saved :innocent:

This car is clearly a work of love and passion - I respect that but I still personally wouldn't spend money on things not needed even if I was loaded:D

So if you were rich spending money would be boring? "Oh sorry mate have to pop to Tesco's for the weekly shop and then got to buy a new car"....yawn

How about the individuality of colour, trim etc etc on any new car? How many people can actually walk into a dealer with an open cheque book ?

OK so you want a new Supra but Mr.T isn't making them - so make your own to you own specs is fine too but a wait of weeks for a boring Ferrari or Lamborghini rather than years is the difference.

So you would happily spend £100k+ on a new Lambo and not worry about driving it? - yet you would spend years getting your dream car only to be a afraid to actually drive it? where's the fun in that then?

Also I take it that your wife is an awful driver then?

Back at SP, Vince was working on the belly pans for underbody protection:

The shield in place:

A few shots of the "flushness" of the wheels after alignment by the suspension/race alignment workshop:

A little love from the guys @ SP!

New quarter windows:

New genuine rear windscreen:

New door cards with aftermarket speakers hiding behind new OEM speaker grills:

The LED rear lights in place:

Edited by Inferno (see edit history)

A nice shot of the monster intercooler, one of the many tranny coolers:

The engine bay had undergone a few more minor touchups:

Top Secret Hood Dampers:

Another shot of the rear with new LEDs in place:

New door cars, locks, stoppers:

Some great shots of the underside of the rear!

Oh my God! The updates just keep getting better and better mate.

This would also be my dream car and if money were not an issue, I feel certain that I'd be taking the same route as you have.

Very well done to you and the whole team for having the balls to dive in and do something like this. :thumbs:

To be honest I could stare at the underside of the car all day just as much as the exterior - it looks stunning :)

i have been watching this build on here pretty much from when you started it mate and all i can say is WOW, awesome work, it looks stunning:)

Thanks for taking the time to reply Ben, it is always nice to hear from gentlemen such as yourself from across the pond!

Love the exhausts :)

In fact, I love everything except the rear lights, but that's just me. Awesome.

Cheers Johnny, I am always open to hearing others opinions and recommendations! The exhaust is definitely one of my favourite parts of the car too ;)

Oh my God! The updates just keep getting better and better mate.

This would also be my dream car and if money were not an issue, I feel certain that I'd be taking the same route as you have.

Very well done to you and the whole team for having the balls to dive in and do something like this. :thumbs:

To be honest I could stare at the underside of the car all day just as much as the exterior - it looks stunning :)

Haha thanks Steve! When the car first landed, I put it up as high as it could go and went underneath with a garage creeper and just lay there mesmerised ;) the underside is stunning in person!

are the 'belly pans' going to be painted or...? Can't see them lasting long being nice and shiney underneath there.

That is exactly their purpose, to protect the pretty or more delicate parts from getting rock chips or dirty/damaged otherwise, so I kept them with a rough look !