The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Inferno's Supra: Restored & Built From The Ground Up

Inferno

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An "arty" shot:

Profile shot, showing the wheels before final alignment. Height is absolutely perfect but the wheels need to come out a little more:

Another rear shot with the old 93 lights:

Some shots showing how reflective the pure, deep black PPG paint is:

Another "arty" shot:

A nice shot of the front fenders and mesh:

Front on shot, showing the car with all components fitted:

A LOT of time was spend on the underside of the hood, with special attention to the vents:

A shot showing the Top Secret Hood Dampers:

The guys made sure the paint in the engine bay really "popped":

The engine bay, ALMOST completed:

I have to say that I really love what you have done and I decided to reread the thread again from the very beginning which gave the following observations :innocent:

1. The engine was fitted into the white shell then removed for the chroming then refitted to the silver car and then taken out again for the paintwork :( or am I wrong?

2. Some of the early suspension shots show assemblies which are later redone using new parts - so how much money was spent on labour redoing things rather than a one time fit? was it to enable the car to be moved around whilst waiting for parts perhaps?

3. Whilst I admire/envy the levels of money spent with Mr.T for parts replaced I feel that many items were fitted because they could rather than they should which is fine but some of the stuff that came off was perfectly OK to be reused or would never be seen once fully assembled :rolleyes:

4. Why bother to fit old parts if they were not going to be used?

5. Some of the pictures at the beginning of the thread have been duplicated and thus confusing/messy for anyone reading for the first time so a little housework is needed to correct.

Please treat these as observations from a jealous member rather than pure criticism :eyebrows:

I have to say that I really love what you have done and I decided to reread the thread again from the very beginning which gave the following observations :innocent:

1. The engine was fitted into the white shell then removed for the chroming then refitted to the silver car and then taken out again for the paintwork :( or am I wrong?

2. Some of the early suspension shots show assemblies which are later redone using new parts - so how much money was spent on labour redoing things rather than a one time fit? was it to enable the car to be moved around whilst waiting for parts perhaps?

3. Whilst I admire/envy the levels of money spent with Mr.T for parts replaced I feel that many items were fitted because they could rather than they should which is fine but some of the stuff that came off was perfectly OK to be reused or would never be seen once fully assembled :rolleyes:

5. Some of the pictures at the beginning of the thread have been duplicated and thus confusing/messy for anyone reading for the first time so a little housework is needed to correct.

Please treat these as observations from a jealous member rather than pure criticism :eyebrows:

So you're basically critising the amount of money spent?

Thank you Sir!

That is correct. You don't want the engine in the car for painting, yet you don't want to remove/re-install it too many times to avoid damaging the paint work. The SP Sequential TT kit is just too complex to be able to leave in the bay and make modifications to as you can with most single kits.

There were a few decisions which were changed during the build, but nothing major or requiring a lot of wasted labour.

I replaced every part because a brand new, 2010 Toyota Supra was/is my dream car. Whilst a lot of it could have been re-used, I wanted the look and feeling of everything being brand new.

All parts not used were sold or donated to SP or fellow Supra owners.

To protect them from possible overspray or damage whilst allowing test fitment of other parts requiring their presence.

It takes a long time to organise 2000+ photos and put them into a thread perfectly.

No problems, I am more than happy to explain my decisions!

I decided to reread the thread again from the very beginning which gave the following observations :innocent:

:lamesign:

Looks like someone got OWNED. A suggestion "Tee from China": Instead of going through threads trying to pick out mistakes or oddities, try enjoying them.

Inferno: Amazing work my man. I love the unique aspects of the build (exhaust, roberuta cup kit, other hard to get bits n pieces). Don't keep us hanging too long for more pics :D

This car is probably, if not one of the best supra's in the world!

My hats off to everybody involved with the build, its been an 'epic' concept from the start, and continued on throughout with no compromises in any aspects of the build.

If i owned this car, i would probably never stop smiling, its almost that perfect......lol

Infact the honest truth is im doing my own little single conversion project at the moment, and ive not been able to bring myself to follow your build as it makes my efforts and ideas just seem so weak and inferior, it almost un-motivated me to work on my own car, which is really strange as i thought it should of motivated me even more........lol

Once again mate top work and congrats on having such an awesome car......a new benchmark to the supra world in my eyes;)

cheers,

matt.

Thank you Sir!

Thanks for clearing that up and not taking offence :innocent:

Looks like someone got OWNED. A suggestion "Tee from China": Instead of going through threads trying to pick out mistakes or oddities, try enjoying them.:D

If I knew what that stupid terms actually means I would reply :rolleyes: FYI I DID and DO enjoy this thread wishing I had the cash available myself and I gave my views as I saw them. I dont go through threads looking for errors but when something strikes me as unnecessary or strange I feel I have the right to comment on that.

I have a suggestion for you too "FREEDOM OF SPEECH" I just gave my opinion and if that bothers you then ..............that's ..................tough :tongue:

So you're basically critising the amount of money spent?

Not criticizing per say just thinking that some things dont necessarily get damaged or worn and if somewhere it/they would not been seen as unnecessary - that why I said could and not should.

If I read right on the US Forum the final cost was around $400k :blink: just that I wouldn't bother personally and buy a Gallardo with the money saved:innocent:

If I read right on the US Forum the final cost was around $400k :blink: just that I wouldn't bother personally and buy a Gallardo with the money saved:innocent:

I think this car build is amazing, regardless of the cost. I also think that most people would say that they would buy a Gallardo and pocket the change, but then they would just be walking into a showroom with a cheque book, how dull is that.

This car is, and probably always will be, totally unique in so much it is brand new, and not only that Inferno has had the pleasure of creating it and knowing it is something different.

Personally, I'd be scared of driving it, I certainly wouldnt let the missus "ave a go".

Fantastic looking Supra!

Thanks mate, I hope all is well with your Supra, love those wheels you are running ;)

What a stunner congrats to all involved. I can only dream of doing something like this.

Thanks Ricky! I have been following your single build and hope it turns out as you planned!

Inferno: Amazing work my man. I love the unique aspects of the build (exhaust, roberuta cup kit, other hard to get bits n pieces). Don't keep us hanging too long for more pics :D

Thank you sir, I will try and keep the pics coming regularly!

A simply amazing build, congrats you lucky, lucky man :D

Cheers Bobbeh, that black beast of yours is pretty special in its own right!

When is the car due to be shipped back to AUS, how much bubble wrap are you getting SP to put in the container with it lol :D

Haha it is already here mate, and I am LOVING the car!

This car is probably, if not one of the best supra's in the world!

My hats off to everybody involved with the build, its been an 'epic' concept from the start, and continued on throughout with no compromises in any aspects of the build.

If i owned this car, i would probably never stop smiling, its almost that perfect......lol

Infact the honest truth is im doing my own little single conversion project at the moment, and ive not been able to bring myself to follow your build as it makes my efforts and ideas just seem so weak and inferior, it almost un-motivated me to work on my own car, which is really strange as i thought it should of motivated me even more........lol

Once again mate top work and congrats on having such an awesome car......a new benchmark to the supra world in my eyes;)

cheers,

matt.

WOW! Thank you Matt! That is extremely kind of you to say.

I do agree with the amazing planning and workmanship from everyone involved... from Dusty @ MVP to Larry, Chris, Vince, Reid @ SP, Joel @ GoldenHammer, Curt @ Elmhurst (believe me, the list goes on, and the final few posts will detail this). They were all a dream to work with and I sincerely thank them for putting up with me the entire time ;).

NEVER feel bad about your own Supra or projects just because of someone elses build... at the end of the day it is YOUR Supra and I guarantee you will feel on top of the world as your project nears completion. Keep it up and don't let anyone else get in your way ;)

Thanks for clearing that up and not taking offence :innocent:

No problem sir.

Not criticizing per say just thinking that some things dont necessarily get damaged or worn and if somewhere it/they would not been seen as unnecessary - that why I said could and not should.

15+ years does take its toll on certain parts... some may not be excessively worn out, but definitely look their age. As I mentioned, I wanted to refresh the ENTIRE car - a showroom fresh 2010 Supra.

No sir, they were just some guesses as to cost. BTW, a Gallardo here in Australia costs about $500k road-ready, so it really isn't a proper option or comparison. There are a lot of other reasons why I would not just buy a new car... I wanted MY dream car, something I planned from start to end... a project to build my love for the car, see what could or couldn't be done to bring it into more modern times, and also to build a responsive beast. The Gallardo for example makes about 550hp at the engine (or crank), mine makes close to 800 at the wheels... so even the power aspect is not an issue for me ;)

I think this car build is amazing, regardless of the cost. I also think that most people would say that they would buy a Gallardo and pocket the change, but then they would just be walking into a showroom with a cheque book, how dull is that.

This car is, and probably always will be, totally unique in so much it is brand new, and not only that Inferno has had the pleasure of creating it and knowing it is something different.

Personally, I'd be scared of driving it, I certainly wouldnt let the missus "ave a go".

Thanks Neil - I totally agree... having to plan every tiny detail of the build was anything but boring!

Thanks for the kind words, and whilst I am scared that something could happen to it, if I never drove it for that reason, it would be wasted and to me, that would be even worse than the possible risk of something ;).

Well I have jumped in and out of this thread and have enjoyed it more than I can say.

The level of detail and workmanship speaks for itself.

I am truly in awe and incredible jealous of your car. I think this is the best Supra I have ever seen or heard of especially with regards to quality.

Yes there are faster and more powerful but not as well specified or new. Toyota should give this a new VIN its so shiny :)

All I have left to say is WOW!!

No sir, they were just some guesses as to cost. BTW, a Gallardo here in Australia costs about $500k road-ready, so it really isn't a proper option or comparison. There are a lot of other reasons why I would not just buy a new car... I wanted MY dream car, something I planned from start to end... a project to build my love for the car, see what could or couldn't be done to bring it into more modern times, and also to build a responsive beast. The Gallardo for example makes about 550hp at the engine (or crank), mine makes close to 800 at the wheels... so even the power aspect is not an issue for me ;)

And fair play to you sir :D btw how did the insurance calculate the premium? do you have an agreed value?