The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Inferno's Supra: Restored & Built From The Ground Up

Inferno

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chromed bolt threads - unreal!

Yes sir, I wanted to go a little crazy in certain areas... this was one ;)

Mate this is tremendous. I'm loving all the chrome. Even parts that can't be seen are being chromed/polished.

Thank you! The chrome looks outstanding in person, it was a first class job and doesn't have the cheap feel of regular chrome, the upkeep or dullness of polished parts and works nicely with the black of the car.

Wow,cannot wait to see the pics of it fully completed and definitely need videos

It's not far off!

breath taking mate, absolutely gorgeous.

Cheers man, hoping to keep things interesting all the way to the end ;)

Guest Sound Performan
I bet larry HATED you for having him chrome everything! :D

Nah, a lot of it was my idea too!! Once we went this far.... what are a few more bolts?? :)

Guest Sound Performan

No just one fuel system. There is a pre and post pump filter. The pre filter is inside of the rear bumper area and the post is the one you see under the car in the above picture.

I bet larry HATED you for having him chrome everything! :D

Haha, there were stages where it felt that way ;) sending the parts back and forth would have been a nightmare... but hey at least I didn't ask Larry to do them himself!

I think you should be banned for making to many ppl jealous.

Lovely build and stunning car :)

Thank you! It is always nice to hear such compliments from people such as yourself who have beautiful examples of Supras.

AMAZING!!!

:thumbs:

you should live forever now :D

I will try and stay alive long enough to enjoy this beast!

Great update as usual. Out of interest, What's the braided line and filter for in the last pic there mate. Are you running 2 fuel systems.

Thanks! Looks like Larry beat me to answering you... damn time zone differences ;)

Great work guys

Thanks Wayne, lots more prime examples of their work to come soon!

Although the ProEFI has traction control, I had previously purchased the Race Logic Traction Control (with Digital Adjuster - RLTC6DIA: Traction Control + Launch Control (Digital Controller)), so I figured... what the hell, lets put both in so I can have my choice!

Next it was time to deal with the number plate (license plate). As some may or may not know, it is required that our numberplates be clearly displayed on the front and rear of the car. The problem with this is that it means you have an ugly license plate and license plate mount stuck to your front bumper. If/when you remove it for a photoshoot, car show or for detailing, you are left with the ugly mount or a hole in the bumper.

The solution to this was to purchase a number plate flipper. Essentially, the numberplate attaches to a backing that is powered by the car battery and consists of a servo, microcontroller and associated rotating mechanisms and by means of a remote control/keyfob and/or a flip switch, you can flip the plate up or down.

The amusing thing is that these are most often used to avoid speeding fines or other traffic related infringements, but I bought mine purely for aesthetic reasons (hence me not using on for the rear numberplate which is what most road-rule-violation cameras take a photo of). I could have simply chosen to have it mounted to the front of the bumper at the top of the opening, but that would have defeated the purpose of why I got it, so I had the guys at SP mount it on the bottom of the top section of the mouth of the front bumper.

I could not be more pleased with the results. When the numberplate it flipped down, it is clearly viewable from all angles, and when it is flipped up, unless you are lying on the ground or low down on your knees, you cannot even see a trace of the plate or flipper!

During this time, some more underbody refinements were taking place:

ha ha that number plate holder mechanism is quality mate, stops the speed cameras getting you.

good idea for show purposes as loads of people remove there plates and its just a pain everytime

Thanks Mitchell, that is exactly what I thought (removing and re-attaching the plates)

Again - EPIC thread!

But is it LHD or have you flipped the images to make us feel at home ? :D

Thank you Sir. Nope, no flipping of images - car is RHD!

But in the youtube vid with pics its LHD?

You must be looking at a different video ;)

Looks AMAZING ! great work guys !

Thank you sir, I must commend you on your own Supra - a fine, fine example!