The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Inferno's Supra: Restored & Built From The Ground Up

Inferno

The rear seat is completed, note that in these photos, the centre console has not been covered yet and is still the old console (not the new OEM one):

Next it was time to put in the new OEM Black Carpet. This was a real pain to find and was VERY expensive (I later found that it had been discontinued):

More wiring:

The aftermarket transmission required a lot of wiring, as did the shifter allowing the ProEFI to flawlessly control it:

The interior is getting closer to being finished!

Rear seat delete completed and centre console re-covered to match:

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was going to become part of the interior!

Everything about Oz is better than England :(

aven better when you can actually spell out words with your plates over here!

until you get the 100mm rule, no uncovered air filters, no random engine swaps and tyre width restrictions...... well in NSW it is. Queensland is where its at for mods!

back on topic...

I would love to know the figure spent so far! PM me if you want fella... (hint hint :) )

What's the reason behind that?

As far as im aware, according to the police etc..... a fire hazard! yes thats right... Must be enclosed to prevent the risk of a fire.

they really are anal in NSW regarding modding cars hence the ute staying standard.

On a side note of number plates, saw a supra round here with the plate JDM 2JZ.. very apt I thought!

On topic....

The amount of work that has gone into this is excellent altho I'm not feeling the rear seat delete.

Edited by creative (see edit history)

Inferno,

You've obviously got a ballistic amount of expendable income; therefore, you should bring the car to the UK / Europe for a season so everyone here can enjoy what you've built. Something like you car should travel ;)

I’d offer to put you up while you were over, but something tells me that wouldn’t be necessary! :D

Inferno,

You've obviously got a ballistic amount of expendable income; therefore, you should bring the car to the UK / Europe for a season so everyone here can enjoy what you've built. Something like you car should travel ;)

I’d offer to put you up while you were over, but something tells me that wouldn’t be necessary! :D

i would say this is a superb idea but you can just imagine some jealous knob trying to key it or something nasty like that as always happens to some of the best cars on here

This build is totally amazing. I love the rear enclosure it's total quality..

Great work.......

Thanks Hodge, given the magnitude of your build, it means quite a lot to have you say that!

Beautiful. What's that black reg plate all about?

Just our "number plates"... the combo had to be 6 letters/numbers, so JZA080 = JZA80

Mmmmm thats looks :drool: loving the back seat delete Idea. :D

Thanks Geo! I have been watching your car progress over time and think it is one of the most stunning Supras around!

This is getting disgusting now.

It's a phenomenal build.

I will try and further the level of gratuity! ;)

Inferno,

Haha thanks Matt, it would be an amazing experience to visit Europe and meet some of the Supra guys !

i would say this is a superb idea but you can just imagine some jealous knob trying to key it or something nasty like that as always happens to some of the best cars on here

It does sound a bit scary, but I would face similar problems here! I am just VERY careful where I take it and where I park.

Edited by Inferno (see edit history)

Haha thanks Matt, it would be an amazing experience to visit Europe and meat some of the Supra guys !

Oh is that right? :p

I am loving the attention to detail of EVERY single little aspect of this car, it is simply unbelievable! I aspire to be able to do something like this one day! Fantastic! :D

To further update the interior and so that everything would flow nicely together, I was able to obtain a new black furry headliner (rather than the gray or the faux-leather/vinyl style). This matches the front and rear black carpet as well as the CF seats.. The part number for this was a PAIN to find out! Not to mention finding one as they are no longer being manufactured!

Next up we did a test run of the LED's:

It was time to start fitting some of the new interior trim parts... the new Celica steering wheel is one of my favourite additions:

The new centre/airbag to go with it:

And to set it off nicely, a new steering column:

And new stalks to go with the new steering wheel and column:

In goes the dash, with the TRD cluster, new plastic trim and lenses:

New ignition trim, air vents, mirror switch trim:

New airconditioning unit, heater controls, console buttons:

Another shot of the lovely TRD gauges:

cant help but think the area where the 2 rear seats were would look better covered in carpet to match the boot. Otherwise. amazing work.

That is always an option... the problem with doing it that way is that most rear seat deletes are just carpet cover-ups which I mentioned I never really liked the look of. Also, then you have the problem of if the sides are carpet, will the centre speaker/console look out of place being covered in leather?

0km sounds fair to me!

A shot of the Pioneer head unit/GPS and new Cig lighter:

TRD gauges lit-up:

Close-up of the new aircon unit controls:

The nicely flush-mounted ProEFI gauge:

The new dash in its entirety (minus the wheel):

In the meantime, the guys had been working on the engine and turbo setup, further refining and cleaning up the parts:

The start of fitting everything back in (before cleanup and tucking):

In addition, a lot of parts had arrived back from being chromed, powdercoated and polished.

Note the hundreds of nuts and bolts... all polished to smooth and then chromed!

We have: Tranny bell housing, intake manifold, turbo piping, alternator pulley, fan bracket, brake vacuum line, throttle pulley, some of the flanges where the ac lines and heater hoses go into the firewall

4L80 cross member, stock tranny crossmemeberc and the fuel injector cover