The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Inferno's Supra: Restored & Built From The Ground Up

Inferno

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Test fit with the seats:

Notice the new rear black carpet fitted!

The Centre portion came back from the trimmers with a nice leather covering:

Test fit of the new dash pad with newly installed tweeters in factory location:

In advance (I know I will be asked about it) ;) The factory armrest was covered to match the rear enclosure!

Next to come is some information about the audio setup... I chose to go for a completely stock-like look including aftermarket tweeters in factory dash location, aftermarket speakers in factory door and rear locations, hidden amp under the seats and hidden subwoofer in the rear seat delete.

I have never been a fan of bleedingly obvious aftermarket speakers/speaker grills in the front or rear and whilst I do like some of the cleaner tweeter installs on the front pillars, I chose to keep it low key and retain the stock location.

Edited by Inferno (see edit history)

Sub enclosure's looking ace!

Thanks mate, I was stunned by how nice it looks in person when the car returned! BTW the colour of your Supra is quite unique, definitely stands out! Nice choice of bodykit parts too ;)

Awesome build :drool:

Thank you sir, I hope all is well with your Supra!

same car?

Nope, this is ;)

that looks very smart mate :)

Thanks James...I hope all is well with your build - it looks like it is going to be a beast of a turbo/engine setup!

Amazing build. :)

Cheers Lee, I'm a big fan of your beast and tuning results... been following them for quite some time!

The audio install was moving forward at the same time, the first point of call was to put in the amps:

Also as previously mentioned, I wanted a stock look, so we used Focal speakers in front with new stock speaker grills:

Larry did his magic, mounting the focal component tweeters in the factory dash position:

I also wanted to replace the old used gauge cluster with a nice new one, fitted out with TRD gauges:

Another feature which was important to me was that of a neat cabin. I understand and appreciate peoples decisions to have lots of gauges, but I prefer a nice clean cabin rather than a cockpit.

However, I still needed some way of controlling and viewing various parameters of the engine, fuel, turbo and trasmission, and I wanted something simple, so I went with the ProEFI 52mm gauge which Larry did a great job mounting on the dash, with a very OEM look:

New beautifully modified dash panels (modified to fit the ProEFI display):

At the same time, even though I felt that it was already verging on perfect, the engine was getting some final touch ups (chromed mounts, intake, turbos, coating):

Some more interior parts had arrived at SP:

New Rear Interior Trim:

Meanwhie, Larry had starting to get the wiring happening!

And the fuel setup:

The rear seat delete almost completed:

Next, the boys went to work on the centre console "command centre". The idea was to provide a convenient place I could control various aspects of the car, including the number plate, boost (high/low), fuel map (high/low octane, racegas), air suspension, exhaust cutout, traction control and nitrous):

The beautiful wiring job to connect the various switches, knobs and dials in the dash and centre console:

Next, the boys went to work on the centre console "command centre". The idea was to provide a convenient place I could control various aspects of the car, including the number plate, boost (high/low), fuel map (high/low octane, racegas), air suspension, exhaust cutout, traction control and nitrous)

Number plate controls? :blink:

All looking very tidy in the interior department.

Cheers Matt

awesome! I have to see this car! If you are ever central coast way fella, let me know!!

Haha will do for sure!

Number plate controls? :blink:

More to come on this... ;)

If this is to hide the number plates, please give us more info :D:D

You got it sir... more to come soon!