The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Inferno's Supra: Restored & Built From The Ground Up

Inferno

They really do make the undercarriage stand out, I think the contrasting colours (black, silver, gold) work quite nicely together!

Shame it will be tucked away for only the moles to see. You'll have to invest in one of those garage set ups that lifts one car above another for space saving purposes ;)

I'd like another update now please, I need a fix.

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The car is already fully built isnt it? This is just a build thread showing the work that has been done, not what is being done now.

Correct, but I think Matt was asking if it's possible to buy a new shell from Toyota, as it's the only thing not new in this build.

:shrug:

The car is already fully built isnt it? This is just a build thread showing the work that has been done, not what is being done now.

I didn't mean that as he should go back and retrofit, it just raises a question in my mind as it seems to be the only thing missing from the new list. I just wondered whether it was actually possible.

PARTS PARTS PARTS!

Next up, time to fit the new brake components (spindles/hubs, gaskets, knuckles, carrier assemblies, axles, bearings, rotors and calipers) and test fit the new big brake kit:

Like it. You have gone to town on this.

There were stages I was questioning my sanity... ;)

Absolutely insane build..:)

When do we get some video?

As soon as I can get my hands on a decent video camera haha!

Just cant wait for more! Best quality biuld ever seen.

Thanks mate, will be posting up as often as I can!

Thanks for the kind words everyone - for those interested, the brake kit is a custom made Rotora 12 piston BBK with 380mm (15") slotted and drilled rotors. Thanks go to Dusty @ MVP for helping me get my hands on this beautiful bit of gear!

The next problem I had to solve was that of the car height. I did NOT want to have an immaculate car with a spotless undercarriage and then scrape it on speedbumps, driveways or other obstacles. I did a lot of research into the various bumper heights, aftermarket air ride systems, coilovers, wheel sizes and ride height. I found out that airbags were plain aweful and read of many complaints of sloppy handling, poor quality kits and various other negatives associated with them. However, one option stood out clearly above the rest... the Top Secret Roberuta Cup Kit. It would allow me to raise the front and rear of the car enough to easily navigate speed bumps and steep driveways without the negative side effects of the usual air bags. It is a solid cup that sits ontop of the coilovers so is completely stiff and does not effect handling - it was IDEAL for my Supra. At the time I was to order it, I tried through various contacts but no-one wanted to go near it, the cost was simply too high and no-one had purchased one for a customer before. This is where Dusty @ MVP came through as he always does and was willing to help me get my hands on one. Unfortunately, due to various issues (Top Secret Japan, Top Secret USA, Customs, Freight Brokers etc), after ordering it, there were endless delays and problems. In fact, after ordering it and paying for it, guess how long it took before Dusty received it? TWENTY TWO MONTHS. I am not joking, it really took 22 months. I had them custom build it to be mated with my HKS Drag Coilovers (luckily I got one of the last sets available before they were discontinued).

Roberuta Cup Kit:

Edited by Inferno (see edit history)