grahamc       451   378     16.19%
Ian C         565   477     15.58%
Supragal      365   304     16.71%
SupraWoman    354   287     18.93% 
Mr Keef       598   504     15.72%
Tricky-Ricky  369   308     16.53%
Keith C       360   299     16.94%
JustGav       221   179     19.00%

I guess so, just surprising to see a loss of 85bhp on Darryls, but nice to see what cams can do for the top end. Look forward to seeing the dyno plot of Ian and Darryls.

And good figures considering the high ambient temps today as well.

Was good to see ians and homers back to back, the cams deffo do make a good difference. I was impressed with what he has done by himself espically as he drives the car while mapping it also :D Deffo recommend him for any piggyback work

was more surprised to see what the 264 cams lose in the midrange compared to the stock cams !

I think ian said his wastegate seal was leaking so will not help but there was deffo some lose in midrang. I wonder if my trick in daryls map helps while the boost is building with midrange as certainly helps with the spool time.

Here is the comparison between Ian's and my car (Ian's in Red, mine in Green):

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/2573/rrianchomercomparisonsmyw4.jpg

My BPU dyno'd just before the conversion (BPU @ 1.2bar) versus the one today.

http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/8885/rrhomerbpuvst67smalloh7.jpg

I'm surprised by the difference between Ian's and my car, I thought Ian's would walk away much more at the top end and not show any real difference in the mid range. However his wastegate issue probably explains this.

It also confirms what Ian's said before about his car spooling a couple of hundred rpm later than mine.

Well a bit of a disastrous day for me, first i have some odd goings on with my EMU,then get stuck in traffic, so an A road trek to get there late!:blink: so in the end i had to run a quickly played about with old map on the EMU which resulted in a little det, so rather than push my luck any more the run was aborted, made 370BHP bar a nats;)at the crank and 390 torque, which resulted in 308 BHP and 328 ft at the wheels, at 1.3 BAR but this was at 4,800-5,000 RPM so if the map had been good, i might have been on for a bit more!

Oh well maybe next time;)

At least the KS-3 knock reader seems to work well on the Supra:) Will do a bit of a report later;)

Thanks for the verification Ryan:) good to meet you, also Homer (finally) IanC, Grahamc, and anyone else who i have forgotten:senile:

Same goes for those i do know,sorry i wasn't more sociable, was a little preoccupied with my car :looney:

Well a bit of a disastrous day for me, first i have some odd goings on with my EMU,then get stuck in traffic, so an A road trek to get there late!:blink: so in the end i had to run a quickly played about with old map on the EMU which resulted in a little det, so rather than push my luck any more the run was aborted, made 370BHP bar a nats;)at the crank and 390 torque, which resulted in 308 BHP and 328 ft at the wheels, at 1.3 BAR but this was at 4,800-5,000 RPM so if the map had been good, i might have been on for a bit more!

Oh well maybe next time;)

At least the KS-3 knock reader seems to work well on the Supra:) Will do a bit of a report later;)

Thanks for the verification Ryan:) good to meet you, also Homer (finally) IanC, Grahamc, and anyone else who i have forgotten:senile:

Same goes for those i do know,sorry i wasn't more sociable, was a little preoccupied with my car :looney:

was a pity, really wanted something to compare my car to ;)

After talking to someone a while back I realised with horror that I'd thrown out a useful bit of the wastegate like a plonker. The HKS 'gate has got three adaptor plates and a cup section. The cup section is supposed to go between 'gate and manifold as it seats the plunger in it creating a proper seal. Muggins here classed it was "a fourth adaptor plate", fitted everything and slung it out two years ago. This explains

a) Homer's getting on boost earlier and thus having more power throughout the midrange, and

b) why I've always heard blowing exhaust noise when I start the car in the garage and yet have never found the leak :donkey:

I'm on 0.6bar of boost by 4000rpm and Darryl is on 0.8, so it's purely the fact I have less boost that explains the power drop I think, rather than the cams. I can't imagine how much better it's going to drive once I find meself one of these cup plates to fit in the blighter, seeing as it's fantastic already!

Aaaaaaanyway, a minor issue, otherwise it was a cracking day, well done Darryl for organising and persevering with it :thumbs: Good to meet y'all and thanks for Rosie for putting me up (or putting up with me!) overnight. I'm glad it was a good sunny day (ow my neck) and the drive home was great :devil: Hurrah for sorted suspension and a bladdy fast car :D

-Ian

PS Ryan I found my cigarette lighter :p