The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Finally went and picked my supra yesterday

SUPRAMAN352020

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cricky.

Looks like the windscreen has pushed down under the roof slightly.

Pretty serious impact that, being the front chassis area bending.

Look forward to seeing how this develops.

;)

NB: What a shame just seen the pre accident image. Looked super clean before.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?357816-Hi-everyone-!!&p=4319742#post4319742

Edited by Pudsey
NB added (see edit history)

Cricky.

Looks like the windscreen has pushed down under the roof slightly.

Pretty serious impact that, being the front chassis area bending.

Look forward to seeing how this develops.

;)

NB: What a shame just seen the pre accident image. Looked super clean before.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?357816-Hi-everyone-!!&p=4319742#post4319742

Aerotops in accidents can get bent there in this case looks like the chassis legs have bet upwards...any decent frame shop can straighten that out

Welcome to to the MKIV Supra world!! [emoji23]

It's just some body damage- fix it and have fun!

Just remember though, brother..... It's going to cost a pretty penny- I dunno about SC in regard to body shop and stuff because here in Los Angeles, people just assume you are loaded when you drive the Supra and they tack on the "Supra tax" [emoji12][emoji12][emoji12]

MSOC and supraforums.com is the place to be for all your Supra needs, man!

ALL THE BEST!!!!

Very respectfully,

Rishi

Thanks alot everyone well the guy at the body shop looked the car over and is concerned with the timing belt is split her thinks the motor could of gotten damaged other than that he said he will fix as if it was never wrecked. I was reading about the engine and i see that if the timing belt breaks that it wont damage the motor is that true ?

Thanks alot everyone well the guy at the body shop looked the car over and is concerned with the timing belt is split her thinks the motor could of gotten damaged other than that he said he will fix as if it was never wrecked. I was reading about the engine and i see that if the timing belt breaks that it wont damage the motor is that true ?

As long as it’s stock and not been messed with then yes that is true, in stock form the engine is non interference. I am not sure if VVTI engines are though if this has one?

• 2 weeks later...

I hope that was cheap!! (for the US market). I'm not a chassis expert but that front rail looked bad in pictures. It's probably going to need a front clip, cost vs value it might be worth breaking that and getting a straight car, or a rolling shell and swap it over

I do know its making around 700 hp with the dynontune.

Or about 600bhp more than the previous owner could handle. If you assume it has high lift cams fitted then if it doesn't - that'd be a got away with it kind of moment. Have fun with it.

• 2 weeks later...
Here is a pic where the car took the biggest impact. Guy at the frame shop said he can try his best to straighten it out but will be very tough to get it right.
Geezus, that's heavy. All the best man.

If you don't mind my asking- around how much did you purchase the car in this state?

Sorry if it was answered before. Thanks.

Geezus, that's heavy. All the best man.

If you don't mind my asking- around how much did you purchase the car in this state?

Sorry if it was answered before. Thanks.

/QUOTE]

If the motor is harmed than i over payed for it crossing my fingers and hoping the motor is good. either or im gona try my best to get it right and have it back on the road in a few months.

Are you doing any of the work yourself?

Or are you having to pay people to complete all the work.

Surely it’s going to cost big money isn’t it?

Are tidy cars very expensive in the states, or is it more you fancied a project.

No im paying for everything getting done on it im not a mechanic. Im gona try to get it right with about 20k thats my budget. I allready have Mostly everything needed to put my car back together once the body work gets complete im towing it to a shop that is expert on supras here local so they can check the motor to see if it was harmed.

Edited by SUPRAMAN352020 (see edit history)

Cricky big commitment money wise, cars must be expensive in the USA.

Fingers crossed all goes well with the next check.

I am sure we are all looking forward to any updates on what they think they need to do with the repair.